Country Roads of France - Small Group, Preview 2022
Country Roads Of France – Small Group, 2022
Leafy vineyards, majestic mountains, Riviera sunshine, Roman remains and fortified towns, combined with great food and wine, make for an engaging ‘Tour de France’.
- Grenoble: Enjoy a delicious raclette dinner in Grenoble.
- Sarlat-la-Caneda: Enjoy a delicious Farm-to-Table Dinner, prepared with locally sourced ingredients, and served with wines from the local region.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine. Bon Appetit!
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Paris: Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian for fashion, perfume or cosmetics with your Local Expert. Alternatively, join a Local Expert, an avid foodie, as you head into areas where Parisians go about their daily lives to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies.
- Vers Pont Du Gard: Join a pétanque player to learn the secrets behind this traditional French discipline. Steady your hand and get ready to test your new found skills in a game. End with a glass of pastis, a French apéritif.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the scenery of the French countryside as you travel through Burgundy, the High Alps, along the Route Napoleon and French Riviera, past Cote d’Azur, Avignon, the Languedoc Region and through the Dordogne Valley.
- Troyes: Explore the medieval heart of the Champagne capital.
- Dijon: Listen as your Travel Director tells you about the history of Dijon, the capital city of the Burgundy region.
- Chamonix: Stay in France’s mountaineering capital.
- Annecy: Enjoy free time in the Little Venice area.
- Nice : Enjoy exploring the beautiful coastal town of Nice on the French Riviera.
- Cote d’Azur: Visit a perfumery to learn about the French perfume industry and discover your signature scent.
- Monaco: Explore inside Monaco Cathedral.
- St Paul de Vence: Discover the beauty of this hilltop town and why it became a refuge for artists.
- Aix en Provence: See the mansions of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Avignon: View the Pont d’Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Pont du Gard: See the ancient Roman bridges of Pont du Gard that cross the Gardon River.
- Arles: Hear more about the city that is famed for being the inspiration behind the Van Gogh paintings during a city orientation.
- Carcasssonne: Enjoy an orientation of this fortified town and see the fortress, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Albi: This is the birthplace of artist, Toulouse Lautrec. Walk the town and marvel at the awe-inspiring cathedral.
- Sarlat la Caneda: See the golden limestone buildings.
- Lascaux Caves: These caves contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. For preservation reasons, they have been replicated in all their glory.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Paris
Champagne Region and on to Dijon
Free Time in Dijon
Lakeside Annecy and Grenoble
The French Riviera to reach Nice
Monaco and the Côte d’Azur
Avignon and Pont du Gard
Carcassonne and to Albi
Free Time in Albi
Cahors and Rocamadour
Exploring the Dordogne Valley
Paris, The City of Light
Romantic Capital on the Seine
Au Revoir Paris